Lesson 1: The Need for a Framework
- Understand the importance of having a framework for implementing culturally responsive practices in education.
- Explore the challenges and gaps that arise in the absence of a structured framework.
- Identify key topics related to the need for a framework in culturally responsive education.
- Evaluate existing frameworks and their applicability to diverse educational settings.
- Develop insights into how a framework enhances the effectiveness of cultural responsiveness initiatives.
Lesson 2: The CRS Model
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the Cultural Responsiveness in Education (CRS) model.
- Explore the core components and principles that form the basis of the CRS model.
- Analyze case studies illustrating successful implementation of the CRS model.
- Develop skills in applying the CRS model to diverse educational contexts.
Lesson 3: RTI vs. CRS
- Compare and contrast Response to Intervention (RTI) and Cultural Responsiveness in Education (CRS).
- Understand the strengths and limitations of both RTI and CRS models.
- Explore scenarios where one model may be more suitable than the other.
- Identify key topics related to the intersection of RTI and CRS in educational practices.